Ket Szerecsen and the Fagola gelato cafe across the street. Ket has something for everyone with mediterranean, international, and Hungarian fare. I love the vegetarian tapas and always have huge indecisiveness choosing amongst the delicious entrees. To drink, get the house lemon tea.
Koleves has delicious food with creative dishes and a nice assortment for vegetarians.
A Table - excellent boulangerie et patisserie! My favorite is the pistachio pain and my mom's is the almond. Excellent savory items too - like the ham & cheese croissant or croque monsieur!!
- Paprika - my go-to for Hungarian because it's not in tourist center, the menu is huge and diverse, the service is very friendly, and the interior is cozy like a mountain lodge. I always get the spicy noodles with chicken and the portion usually lasts me two meals!
- Millennium de Pippo
- Trattoria Pomo D’oro /Gastronomie Pomo D’oro
- TG Italiano
- Thai place on Jokai Ter
- Gerbeaud (and pub w house beer)
- New York Café
- Café Kor
- Déryné Bisztró
- Fuger Kave
- Kiado - my favorite place for a liter! I spent many a night here before I had wifi in my apt eating chicken caesar salad and washing it down with a liter.
- Most - my favorite place for chicken tikka masala and naan bread. Love the cozy interior in winter and the outdoor picnic tables in summer.
- Pántlika Bisztró in City Park
- Szimpla Kert - das Originial ruin pub
- Tundergyar (great draft selection, garden)
- Anker & Ankert
- City Park Beer Tent http://www.sorsator.com/
- Corvinteto - best place for a rooftop view.
- Kisüzem (Kis Diófa Utca 2)
- Durer Kert
- Spíler (Hungarian artisanal beer)
- Boutiq Bar (cocktails)
- Pater Marcus (house beer)
- Ferdinand Monarchia (house beer)
- Kaltenberg (house beer)
- Dunaparti Matroz Kocsma (house beer)
Sights & Activities:
Szentendre via bike (restaurant: Promenade)
Balaton (overnight; Balatonfüred: Flamingo or Anna Grand hotels; Siofok: Mala Garden)
- Ket Szerecsen, bottles of sparkling wine run about 4500ft (good breakfast menu, but only til 11:30)
- http://www.villa-bagatelle.hu/villa_bagatelle_en - venture to Buda burbs, but close to Deli station: 1126 Budapest, Németvölgyi út 17., Hungary
- Gellert Hotel Sunday buffet brunch and unlimited drinks for ~5oooft – could be followed by baths… soak in heated outdoor pool
- Most, bottles o bubbly 3500ft, cheap house wine
- Kiado, cheap eats, but bottles of champagne??
- Le Meridien (8400ft) and the Hilton (in Buda, 7590ft) have pricey, but unlimited drink & buffet brunch on Sunday
- Gerlóczy Kávéház - near Deák: http://www.gerloczy.hu/locate/
- Bobek - has big garden courtyard, near Kazinczy & Kiraly: http://www.bobek.hu/kapcsolat.html
- Déryné Bisztró: http://www.bistroderyne.com/your-bistro.html
Massimo Dutti & Deák Ferenc u.
Last updated in 2014.